Tuesday, March 11, 2014

True Detective S01E07

Why is there a jelly fish in the opening credits? That seems...out of line with the other imagery.

Now we're in new territory narratively/structurally

McConaughey's old age make-up looks different outside the police station. (I cannot spell that without thinking its misspelled.)

It's kind of odd to me that Marty hasn't remarried. He seems like the remarrying type.

Rust's in-between hair does not look so good.

Every now and then Marty says something that makes me picture him decades ago as a young bartender in Cheers.

Niiiice place!

Without the flashback scenes I feel like I'm floundering a little bit. I don't know where the edges of the plot are. It's a little exciting and a little nerve-wracking. They do have these other little flashbacks, but it's almost like they're not real. They're reenactments.

What is "carcosa"?

Portrait of two broken men. Meh.

I don't remember who this guy is.

That's some gut Marty's got.

Is this a boat ambush? Like in Top of the Lake? Is Rust going to come out of the cabin with the car battery?

Yup.

I wonder about the etymology of the word "bayou." I've never heard of anyone refer to a bayou anywhere but Louisiana.

All the information comes from guys on riding mowers.

Are those scars? And did he just finish that sentence creepily on purpose?

Nice music. Atmospheric.

No comments:

Post a Comment