Thursday, March 6, 2014

True Detective S01E03

I could see Matthew McConaughey playing Sandman.


I love that the 90s is now a setting for a period piece.


I used to have dresses like those, with those square bib collar things.


Did that police radio just say "geriatric gang altercation"??


I want to know more about these present-day detectives. Kind of. Like, I don't REALLY care. But I'm curious.


Things that happen in tents: revivals, circuses, camping.

Haha. Telex. How old-timey.

Oooh that denim and floral.

I like the blocking in this scene in the bedroom. The wife (what's her name?) following Marty as he evades. Maggie.

Remember that? Needing an alarm clock separate from your phone?

This sterile interrogation room is more intimidating and forlorn than the metal cells in Law & Order.

Interesting how Rust invokes faith/religion/God during the interrogation in order to get a confession.

I wonder if they shot all the present-day scenes at once.

"I didn't just come here to drink, y'know. I came here to kick ass."

Whose point of view are the flashbacks in?

Marty talking about how Rust is odd because "most of us have families" reminds me of the way women with children talk about childless women. They're alien.

Morbid thought: I hope my picture never ends up in a case file.

"I don't think man CAN love." I love it.

I love this fisher guy's accent.

Their partner relationship is interesting. It's much more complicated and subtle than most TV cop partnerships.

How does a person tell a story to someone who already knows what happens? What makes that kind of storytelling different?

No comments:

Post a Comment