Monday, December 23, 2013

Masters of Sex S01E06

Before I begin I'm going to play Where Do I Know That Actor From?
- Barton Scully is played by Beau Bridges. I know the name well, mostly from crossword puzzles. I actually haven't seen him anything else, and he is NOT Stephen Root, who played Jimmy James on Newsradio
- Dr. DePaul is played by Julianne Nicholson, aka Detective Wheeler on Law & Order: CI
- Vivian Scully is played by Rose McIver, who I recognize as Tinkerbell on Once Upon a Time.
- Essie Masters is Ann Dowd, who has appeared as several characters in the L&O franchise. Her most memorable role, in my mind, was as a pediatric oncologist in the L&O episode "Compassion."
- Bill Masters is played by Michael Sheen, who I did not think I recognized, but surprisingly played Castor in TRON: Legacy. (This guy)
Now let's begin!

It's interesting how the show can be so suggestive without being too graphic.

Now back to this "Men focus on the future, women reflect on the past" motif.

If Bill has given up on his quest to get Libby preggers, will he have good sex with her?

"Going up?" Heheh

I like seeing Ginny overestimate herself around Dr. DePaul. It increases her esteem of Dr. DePaul which is neat to see, and makes Ginny push herself.

"My clitoris beat my vagina??" I like when the show is funny. This episode is funny, which is good because last episode was sad.

"God helps them who helps themselves" - this episode is all about that, and how men are unnecessary to women's pleasure.

(I didn't include Allison Janney in my actor round-up at the top because she's Allison Janney, duh.)

Oh wait, this isn't funny anymore. Poor Allison Janney :(

Wait, Ginny gets a promotion so she takes her shirt off?? Booo

No comments:

Post a Comment