Monday, July 28, 2014

Masters of Sex S02E03

"Erections aren't the totality of manhood." I feel like a thesis could be written on the first 10 minutes of this episode.

I like getting to see what Bill and Virginia's interpersonal relationship is like beyond the sex.

This is a really nice bottle episode.

I love how they go between talking about their fantasy marriage to weaving in their own pasts.

(Bill Masters being left at boarding school for Christmas is a lot less funny than Sterling Archer being left at boarding school for Christmas.)

I bet Bill just told Virginia more about his father than he ever told his wife.

The sound of Virginia touching herself over the image of the boxing match on TV. Whoa.

"Role playing throughout" ie, this is isn't *real*

"I'm begging you" That is so fraught given how Bill said he never ever begged his father to stop beating him.

"Better a tomboy than a sissy." Ayup.

"I want to see how it ends" Brings it full circle to Virginia telling her daughter that she likes to know how things will end.

No comments:

Post a Comment