Thursday, September 18, 2014

Masters of Sex S02E06 "Blackbird"

Another especially fine episode.

I love the culmination of Virginia and Lilian's relationship. It was special and beautiful. (Even if Ginny did kind of pull a Walter White letting Jane die. (JK. Totally different.)). It's one of the best female friendships I've seen on TV outside of the Golden Girls. I hope Julianne Nicholson gets some award nominations for this season.

I like the storyline with Betty and her husband. My heart breaks for both Betty and for Gene.

But I miss Beau Bridges and Allison Janney, too.

I don't like where they've taken Libby. Hopefully now that she's fired Coral her obsession will end and she can go back to being a sympathetic character. It seems like the writers intentionally made her less sympathetic for the course of Bill's affair with Ginny (which looks to be over?) so that we could still root for Ginny. Why can't they both be sympathetic characters?

Courtney B. Vance is great.

I like that the show didn't let on that Virginia had a boyfriend so that the audience finds out at the same time as Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment